External funding provides an opportunity for organisations to access additional finance to support their programmes and initiatives. The application process is predominantly competitive, requiring applicants to submit a clear, evidenced and well costed bid.
Suffolk County Council works in partnership with a range of programmes and initiatives that support charities and community groups.
The External Funding team can:
- identify potential funding opportunities
- assist you with developing your bid or writing an application
- signpost you to additional sources of help and support
Five questions to answer when developing your bid
|1||What is the issue you want to address?||You will need to provide evidence to back this up. Who does it affect, how does it affect them, why does it affect them?|
|2||What are you proposing to do?||What service or activity do you want funding for?|
Why is your organisation / department / partnership best placed to address this issue (experience, expertise, reach, location, contacts)?
|4||What will success look like?||What change will you create and how will you measure and demonstrate it?|
|5||What will it cost?||How much money do you need to carry out your project? Provide a breakdown of the costs.|
If you would like some additional advice and support on External Funding opportunities that can support your organisation, please email the External Funding team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also share details of funding opportunities for charities, community organisations and social enterprises on Twitter: @FundingSuffolk
VCSE grant funding alert
For the latest grant funding opportunities available to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations in Suffolk: Download a list of grant funding for VCSE organisation in Suffolk (PDF, 85.9KB)
Community Action Suffolk (CAS)
Suffolk County Council provide funding to Community Action Suffolk to support the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector, enabling them to operate more effectively. Support includes:
- advice and support: CAS provides support to help set-up new community organisations and charities, as well as advice on legislation, governance, funding and management
- Health check: a free to use self-assessment tool which can help organisations identify strengths and weaknesses, as well as helping to prepare for submitting funding applications
- Funding 4 Suffolk: search for available funding using the Funding 4 Suffolk portal
- One to one funding surgeries: free surgeries delivered by CAS and Suffolk County Council's External Funding team
Suffolk Community Foundation
Suffolk Community Foundation provides grant funding to small and medium sized charities, voluntary and community groups, and social enterprises, who deliver essential services in Suffolk.
Councillor's Locality Budget
Each (Suffolk County Council) county councillor has a locality budget. They can use this to respond to local needs in their divisions, supporting projects or activities that benefit the communities they represent.