Apply to carry out works which could affect a structure on a highway

To carry out works you need to download and complete a Section 63 Notice. You can do this using the links and information provided on this page.

If your works could affect a structure on a highway which is maintained by us, you need to complete a Section 63 Notice and send it to us as the bridge authority for highways in Suffolk and follow this Good Practice Guide. 

This is specified in Section 88 and Section 63 (Schedule 4) of the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA).

This is typically, but not exclusively, where excavation works are within 5 metres of a highway structure. The works promoter is responsible for precisely locating the works and any affected structures.

If you are planning works which could affect a highway structure on trunk roads please contact National Highways.