Data Protection Act
Suffolk County Council is committed to protecting your privacy and will treat your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to request access to the information we hold about you
Download the Suffolk County Council Data Protection Subject Access Pack and return it to us:
- Application for Access - Your Records (PDF, 237KB)
- Application for Access - Representatives (PDF, 252KB)
Requests concerning children and young people
Currently, Children and Young People's Service is experiencing an unprecedented level of formal requests by customers for access to their personal records. As you would expect, extra resources have been transferred to this area of work to try to deal with the situation. Nonetheless, please be advised that delays in processing requests are, very regrettably, likely to continue for some time yet. We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.
You may view the council's Data Protection Notification (registration number: Z5113825) and access more information about data protection by visiting the Information Commissioner's website.
Changes in the data protection law mean that from 1 April 2017 the Council will no longer charge a £10 fee for individuals wishing to access their records. Please note that all access to records requests submitted before 1 April will still require payment of the £10 fee.
If you have any queries, please contact Information Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like to read
- Data Protection Policy (PDF, 315 KB)
- Information Security Policy (PDF, 1.06MB)
- Acceptable Use of ICT Policy (PDF, 653KB)
- Suffolk Fair processing notice (PDF, 215 KB)
- Disclaimer and copyright statement
- Information charter (PDF, 40 KB)
- Suffolk County Council Approach to Information Management and Informatics (PDF, 869KB)
- Privacy notice about use of confidential data relating to births and deaths (PDF, 18KB)
Cookie and log files policy
A "cookie" is a small data file created by your web browser and normally stored on your computer. We use temporary "session" cookies that are only stored in your browser's memory whilst you visit our web site. If your browser accepts the cookies used on our web site, we do not gain access to any personal data. The information collected by the cookie permits the web site to assist you to navigate.
Find out about the cookies we use on this website.
Phone: Amanda O’Mara on 01473 264814
Information Management Services
Suffolk County Council