Please be aware COVID-19 is impacting significantly on our services and whilst every effort is being made to respond to requests for information on time there may be a delay.
Data Protection statement
Suffolk County Council is committed to protecting your privacy and will treat your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and subsequent, revised UK data protection law.
You can read our COVID-19, corporate and service specific privacy notices for more information.
- COVID-19: Suffolk’s Local Outbreak Control Plan privacy notice (Word, 69KB).
- COVID-19: Contact and Trace Service privacy notice (Word, 71KB)
Requesting access to the information we hold about you
You can make your request, either verbally or in writing.
If you wish to make a written request, please send it by email to email@example.com or by post, to:Data Protection Team,Constantine House,5 Constantine Road,Ipswich,SuffolkIP1 2DH
If you wish to make your request verbally, call the Data Protection Team on 01473 265323.
You will be required to provide documentary evidence of your identity and your current address. If you are making a request on behalf of somebody else, you will also need to provide evidence of your authority to act.
Please see our detailed guide to accessing your records (PDF, 71KB) for details of acceptable documentation and further information about how to request access to your records.
Requesting information for law enforcement and taxation purposes
If you are a police officer or other agency looking to request access to information under Schedule 2, Part 1, Para 2 of the Data Protection Act 2018, or a police officer looking to make an Annex C request under the 2013 Protocol and Good Practice Model, please read the council’s full guidance for information and how to apply.
If you have any queries, please contact the Data Protection Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also like to read
- Appropriate policy document for special category and law enforcement data (PDF, 493KB)
- Data protection policy (PDF, 95KB)
- Disclaimer and copyright statement
- Ethical data stewardship charter (PDF, 218KB), and the Data ethics panel - terms of reference (PDF, 89KB)
- Freedom of information policy (PDF, 138KB)
- Information classification and labelling policy (PDF, 133KB)
- Information security incident management policy (PDF, 141KB)
- Information security policy (PDF, 118KB)
- Privacy notice about use of confidential data relating to births and deaths (Word, 18KB)
- Privacy notice about use of NHS numbers by Adult Community Services (ACS) and Health, Wellbeing and Children’s Services (HWCS) (Word, 21KB)
- Records management policy (PDF, 99KB)
- Staff acceptable use of information systems policy (PDF, 288KB)
- Suffolk County Council’s Privacy Notice
- Suffolk Information Sharing Charter (PDF, 82KB)
- Surveillance camera policy (PDF, 142KB)
We use live chat software on our website. This is provided by Click4Assistance, a third-party UK-based software company. You can read information explaining how the data is processed and stored.
Cookie and log files policy
A "cookie" is a small data file created by your web browser and normally stored on your computer. We use temporary "session" cookies that are only stored in your browser's memory whilst you visit our web site. If your browser accepts the cookies used on our web site, we do not gain access to any personal data. The information collected by the cookie permits the web site to assist you to navigate.
Find out about the cookies we use on this website.
Phone: 01473 265323
Postal address:Information Governance TeamSuffolk County CouncilConstantine House