The Education and Learning Infrastructure Plan (PDF, 1110KB) is a document that is being continuously updated. Version 2.1 is the latest version and looks at where there will be the need for more school places in Suffolk in the future. It also gives details of how the council plans to respond to these changes in the number of learners across the county.
Information about proposals for new schools in Suffolk
Proposed new primary school in Red Lodge, Suffolk
Under Section 6a of the Education & Inspections Act 2006 (the ‘free school presumption’) where a LA identifies the need to establish a new school they must, in the first instance, seek proposals to establish an academy. Suffolk County Council has identified the need to establish a new primary school in Red Lodge to open in September 2018.
The authority is therefore seeking proposals from appropriate sponsors to open this new school. This school would be deemed a free school.
Please note - The closing date for proposals has now passed.
- New Primary School in Red Lodge - School Specification Document (PDF, 421KB)
- Appendix A - Sponsor Application Form
- Appendix B - Site Location Plan (PDF, 1MB)
- Appendix C - Existing educational provision in the Forest Heath area (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Appendix D - Detailed Site Plan (PDF, 2.6MB)
- Appendix E - Equality Impact Assessment (PDF, 338KB)
- Appendix F - DfE Free school presumption: Model criteria for local authorities and proposers seeking to establish new 'presumption' schools (PDF, 173KB)
The authority is also planning to provide a new school at Lakenheath which is also in the Forest Heath area. This may be of interest to potential sponsors of Red Lodge.
New Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) School in Suffolk
Expressions of Interest for the new SEMH School in Suffolk have now closed. Thank you to those who have submitted expression of interest forms for the free school presumption. The submission period has now closed.