Phased re-opening of Recycling Centres
Recycling Centres have re-opened following closure due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
You need to book a time slot online to visit your local Recycling Centre as part of this phased re-opening.
Using a booking system will:
- reduce the waiting times of visitors to each Recycling Centre
- help manage traffic to avoid a dangerous build-up of cars on the roads
Please do not come to a Recycling Centre without a booking.
We ask the public to consider holding on to items that can be safely stored at home or disposed of through other legitimate routes (e.g household collections, bulky waste collections, garden waste collections ) before booking an appointment to come to a Recycling Centre. This will help to keep a good throughput of visitors and allow as many people as possible to access the sites.
You must not visit a Recycling Centre if you or anyone in your household:
- has tested positive for COVID-19
- has COVID-19 symptoms
- are shielding or at higher risk of coronavirus
How booking a time slot works
Suffolk Recycling Centres are open from 9am to 5pm every day except Thursdays (open until 7pm) and Wednesdays (closed).
You can book a 15-minute time slot to deposit your waste, which includes:
- 10 minutes to unload your vehicle
- 5 minutes to park up and exit the site
Please do not arrive more that 5 minutes before the start of your scheduled time slot. We will try to ensure you enter the site at your designated time, however please be aware some sites are required to temporarily close to empty containers.
When booking you'll need to say if you'll be arriving by car, in a car-derived van (no other vehicles allowed), or as a pedestrian or cyclist.
You can only make one booking for a Recycling Centre per household per week.
What are the rules at Recycling Centres?
- arrive in the car/car-derived van you registered when booking (if driving)
- wash your hands before and after your visit (and wear gloves if possible)
- stay in the car until parked (including passengers)
- unload the car yourself as staff cannot assist you (only one adult should unload the vehicle, unless two adults are needed for heavy items)
- ensure any COVID-19 waste is left at home for 72 hours (3 days) before double-bagging and bringing to site
- follow social distancing rules to protect the health of staff and visitors
Before you book
Please be aware that until further notice:
- only pre-booked cars and car-derived vans are permitted on site - no other vans, trailers or commercial type vehicles
- no trade waste will be accepted on site
- we will not be accepting any items for re-use
We will re-introduce the above when we're able to.
Proceed to book a time slot
You can book a 15-minute slot for your nearest Recycling Centre using the links below.
Appointment times refer to current British Summer Time. Please ignore references to UTC+0:00. Please be aware it's not possible to book a slot on the same day you make the booking.
- Bury St Edmunds Recycling Centre booking form
- Felixstowe Recycling Centre booking form
- Foxhall Recycling Centre booking form (East of Ipswich – IP10 OHT)
- Hadleigh Recycling Centre booking form
- Haverhill Recycling Centre booking form
- Leiston Recycling Centre booking form
- Lowestoft Recycling Centre booking form
- Mildenhall Recycling Centre booking form
- Ipswich (Portman Road) Recycling Centre booking form (Central Ipswich – IP1 2DW)
- Stowmarket Recycling Centre booking form
- Sudbury Recycling Centre booking form