Skip to main content

Household Support Fund

The Household Support Fund is an allocation of funding the Government has given Suffolk to support people who are struggling to pay their energy and utility bills.

You can find more help for households and cost of living support on 

Suffolk County Council allocates Household Support Fund money to residents in the following ways:

Support for children during school holidays

Where a child is eligible for income related free school meals, families will be contacted directly by their child's school regarding supermarket voucher grants, available to them during the school holiday from October 2022 until March 2023. Further information will be available from your school on what support is being offered.

Where a child is not eligible for free school meals because they are not attending a state funded school, a family can seek support directly from the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme.

Make a direct application to the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme

The Local Welfare Assistance Scheme (LWAS) helps those experiencing financial hardship. There are lots of reasons why you may be in hardship and if you are eligible, we can provide financial help.

The scheme is not intended as emergency support and only one application can be made per household. LWAS is not intended as long-term support. The quickest way to make an application is via the webform, using your smartphone, tablet or computer. If you have all the information required to make an application the webform will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

To make an application and find out whether you are eligible for support, please visit the Local Welfare Assistance Scheme webpage.

Housing support via District and Borough Councils

If you need further help with housing support, it is recommended that you discuss your circumstances with your local Housing Needs Team so they can help identify what options may be available to you and the support required. Please note, the team are unable to support with mortgage assistance as part of the Household Support Fund. To contact your local housing team, please visit: