This page provides a space for information and resources about training and development opportunities, CPD, networking events and our End-point Assessment (EPA) services for the 'Careers Development Professional' apprenticeship (ST0694 - please see the EPAO section for details).
This page is still in development and will be updated on a regular basis.
Our Careers Newsletters can be found in the CPD section.
We hold termly network events for people involved in the careers agenda in Suffolk schools and colleges.
All Autumn dates will be virtual meetings - if you wish to be on the invitation list please contact us.
Details to be confirmed nearer to the dates.
- 5 October 2020 | Lowestoft | 9.30 am
- 7 October 2020 | Ipswich | 9.30 am- 12.00 noon
- 12 October 2020 | West Suffolk | 9.30 am - 12.00 noon
- 19 October 2020 | SEND Schools | 9.30 - 11.30 am
- 19 October 2020 | PRUs | 2.30 - 4.00 pm
We offer the following courses:
- Gateway Level 3 Information, Advice or Guidance
- OCR Level 4 Diploma in Career Information and Advice
- OCR Level 6 Certificate in Careers Leadership (DfE funded course)
- OCR Level 6 Diploma in Careers Guidance and Development
For details please see
We have been approved to act as the End Point Assessor Organisation for the Careers Development Professional Apprenticeship (ST0694).
We are now in the process of populating this page with relevant information - new content will be added on an ongoing basis.
- Suffolk County Council's EPAO information leaflet (PDF, 524 KB)
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Safeguarding and Prevent Policy (PDF, 223 KB)
- Suffolk County Council Privacy and Data Protection (PDF, 147 KB)
- Suffolk County Council Fair Access Policy 2020 (PDF, 115 KB)
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Complaints and Appeals 2020 (PDF, 118 KB)
- EPAO Complaints Appeals form
Publications from the Institute for Apprenticeships:
- End Point Assessment Plan for Career Development Professional (PDF, 345 KB)
- Career Development Professional - Details of Standard (PDF,,178 KB)
- Suffolk Work and Skills: Information for young people aged 13-19 3rd edition (PDF, 2.4MB)
- SODA report: C19 sector shutdown impact on workers in Suffolk (PDF, 239 KB)
- Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) Update on Coronavirus Scenarios July 2020 (PDF, 992 KB)
- Careers Newsletter No 3 | 1 June 2020 (PDF, 521 KB) - with attachments: Suffolk Computing Hub Free remote courses and May 29 Education Employment+Training Info
- Careers Newsletter No 2 | 27 April 2020 (PDF, 467 KB)
- Careers Newsletter No 1 | 2 April 2020 (PDF, 439 KB)
What and Why LMI?
Careers and Labour Market Information event on 23 January 2020 at Trinity Park
- Russell Beck: The Future of Work - where it is all going and how you can prepare (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Madeleine Coupe: New Anglia regional overview (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Mike Dawe: Social Mobility: An international perspective (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Tim Robinson: Digital Tech Sector (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Julie White, Kerrey Goosetree and Hannah McLaughlin: Careers within Health and Care (PDF, 292KB)
- Tracy Talbott: Self Employment and Entrepreneurship (PDF, 590KB)
- Thomas Ratcliffe, Brian Ennis, Robert Prosser and Charlotte Steggall: Job Market for Graduates (PDF, 780KB)
- Ray Goodman: Agritech, Food and Farming (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Jayne Sheehan: Construction Courses and Careers (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Debbie Coomes: Construction delivery models at West Suffolk College (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Peter Basford: Finance and Professional Services (PDF, 227KB)
- Naomi Peirson: Education Careers: Teaching and Beyond (PPTX, 2MB)
- Sara Whybrew and Jayne Knight: Careers in the Creative Sector (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Paul Warmington and Michael Gray: Skills for major infrastructure projects in Suffolk (PDF, 983KB)