This page provides a space for information and resources about training and development opportunities, CPD, networking events and our End-point Assessment (EPA) services for the 'Careers Development Professional' Apprenticeship (ST0694 - please see the EPAO section for details).
Our Careers Newsletters can be found in the CPD section.
We hold termly network events for people involved in the careers agenda in Suffolk schools and colleges.
If you wish to be on the invitation list or suggest items for the agenda please contact email@example.com .
23 June 2022 - Countywide Careers Conference - University of Suffolk
- Please express your interest in attending by completing this form: Expression of interest
- If you would like to have a market stall at the conference please apply here: Market Stall application
RESOURCES SPRING 2022
RESOURCES AUTUMN 2021
- EHT Roles (PDF, 143 KB)
The EAST Career Training has no courses planned for 2022/23.
We have been approved and recognised by Ofqual to act as the End Point Assessor Organisation for the Careers Development Professional Apprenticeship (ST0694).
- EPAO information Flyer (PDF, 416 KB)
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Safeguarding and Prevent Policy (PDF, 223 KB)
- Suffolk County Council Privacy and Data Protection (PDF, 147 KB)
- SCC-EPAO-Complaints-and-Appeals-2021 (PDF 165 KB)
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Conflict of Interest Declaration Form
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Monitoring and Quality (PDF, 196 KB)
Videos to explain the End Point Assessment for the Career Development Professional Higher Apprenticeship:
- Overview of the End Point Assessment (6 mins)
- Evidence Portfolio and Professional Discussion (16 mins)
- Work-based career related project and written assignment (project report - 16 mins)
Publications from the Institute for Apprenticeships:
- End Point Assessment Plan for Career Development Professional (PDF, 345 KB)
- Career Development Professional - Details of Standard (PDF 178 KB)
The first apprentice through the CDP Apprenticeship
This video is a discussion with the first apprentice through the CDP Apprenticeship as she talks with her assessor about her experience of the Apprenticeship and the End Point Assessment with Suffolk CC. It shows the hard work, dedication and professionalism needed to qualify as a Careers professional.
Discover Your Future 2021 - Virtual Work Inspiration Suffolk | April - July 2021
Discover Your Future 2021 is an exciting opportunity for students to engage with employers, employees, Apprentices, and the self-employed and provide them with an insight into a variety of organisations across Suffolk.
The programme allows students to have meaningful and informative virtual experiences to help raise aspirations, equip them with 21st century skills and broaden their understanding of the local jobs market and pathways.
The programme offers employers, employees and the self-employed a flexible approach to engaging in careers education. A range of staff are able support the programme – from senior staff to graduates, apprentices, interns and Kickstart placements.
Each online employer session will be supported by an offline session in the classroom facilitated by a teacher or careers staff.
Below you will find the materials produced for this programme (More will be added as the programme proceeds):
- Keynote on 20 April 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 1: Exploration - YouTube
- EXPLORATION employer presentation online
- EXPLORATION teacher presentation offline
- EXPLORE Lesson Plan Employer online session 1.1
- EXPLORE Lesson Plan Teacher offline session 1.2
- Keynote on 11 May 2021:Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 2: Skills - YouTube
- SKILLS employer presentation online
- SKILLS teacher presentation offline
- SKILLS Lesson Plan Employer online session
- SKILLS Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
Theme ENTERPRISE & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Keynote on 8 June 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 3: Enterprise - YouTube
- Enterprise Employer presentation online
- Enterprise Teacher presentation offline
- Enterprise Lesson Plan Employer online session
- Enterprise Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
- Keynote on 22 June 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 4: Pathways - YouTube
- Pathways Employer presentation online
- Pathways Teacher presentation offline
- Pathways Lesson Plan Employer online session
- Pathways Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
Theme RESILIENCE & MOCK INTERVIEWS
- Keynote on 6 July 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 5: Resilience - YouTube
- Resilience Employer presentation online
- Mock Interview Teacher presentation
- Resilience Lesson Plan Employer online session
- Mock Interview Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
- 16+ Suffolk SEND Transitions Guide 2nd Edition (PDF 4.4MB)
- Suffolk Work and Skills: Information for young people aged 13-19 3rd edition (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Careers & Enterprise Company: Support for SEND
- University of Suffolk: Meet the student recruitment team
- University of East Anglia: 'Have you ever wondered?' - Higher Education Resources
- Re-engagement-presentation (PDF 1.4MB)
- Minding the Gap video
- Careers Newsletter No 3 | 1 June 2020 (PDF, 521 KB)
- Careers Newsletter No 2 | 27 April 2020 (PDF, 467 KB)
- Careers Newsletter No 1 | 2 April 2020 (PDF, 439 KB)