This page is still in development. It will provide a space for information and resources about training and development opportunities, CPD and networking events.
You can find the resources from the What and Why LMI? event on 23 January 2020 under the 'CPD' tab.
We hold termly network events for people involved in the careers agenda in Suffolk schools and colleges.
|27 February 2020||9:30am||East Suffolk Council, Canning Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0EQ|
|25 March 2020||9:30am to 12pm||University of Suffolk, Ipswich, IP3 8AU||Draft Agenda (Word, 54KB)|
|27 March 2020||9:30am to 12pm||STEM Innovation Centre, West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3YU||Draft Agenda (Word, 54KB)|
We will shortly be running a new Level 6 and Level 4 Careers Guidance course.
Please see details for The East Careers Training course dates (PDF, 324KB).
We have been approved to act as the End Point Assessor Organisation for the Careers Development Professional Apprenticeship. More details coming soon.
What and Why LMI?
Careers and Labour Market Information event on 23 January 2020 at Trinity Park
- Russell Beck: The Future of Work - where it is all going and how you can prepare (PDF, 3.6MB)
- Madeleine Coupe: New Anglia regional overview (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Mike Dawe: Social Mobility: An international perspective (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Tim Robinson: Digital Tech Sector (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Julie White, Kerrey Goosetree and Hannah McLaughlin: Careers within Health and Care (PDF, 292KB)
- Tracy Talbott: Self Employment and Entrepreneurship (PDF, 590KB)
- Thomas Ratcliffe, Brian Ennis, Robert Prosser and Charlotte Steggall: Job Market for Graduates (PDF, 780KB)
- Ray Goodman: Agritech, Food and Farming (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Jayne Sheehan: Construction Courses and Careers (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Debbie Coomes: Construction delivery models at West Suffolk College (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Peter Basford: Finance and Professional Services (PDF, 227KB)
- Naomi Peirson: Education Careers: Teaching and Beyond (PPTX, 2MB)
- Sara Whybrew and Jayne Knight: Careers in the Creative Sector (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Paul Warmington and Michael Gray: Skills for major infrastructure projects in Suffolk (PDF, 983KB)
- Suffolk Work and Skills: Information for young people aged 13-19 3rd edition (PDF, 2.4MB)