A) You may be eligible if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- State Pension Credit (the guaranteed element)
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and earn no more than £16,190 per year
- Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments. (If a parent is entitled to Universal Credit they must have an annual net earned income not exceeding £15,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.)
- Check if you can get funded childcare for your 2-year-old.*
Check your child's eligibility.
*Information about using the online checker:
- The online checker link will take you to the 'Two Year Old Funding Application’ website.
- You'll need your National Insurance Number.
- If you're eligible you'll be able to print a Suffolk County Council headed paper letter at the end of your application.
- Give the letter to your chosen childcare provider, they will check that this is valid and let you know when your child can start their funded childcare.
If you experience any issues with your application, and believe that you meet the eligibility criteria listed above, you can take along paper evidence that proves this to your chosen childcare provider.
B) Your child may also be eligible based on the following (non-economic) criteria if:
- are looked after by a local authority
- have an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under an adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
Take proof to your chosen childcare provider if any of the above applies to your child.
C) If you’re a non-UK citizen who cannot claim benefits:
If your immigration status says you have ‘no recourse to public funds’, you may still get funded childcare for your 2-year-old. You must live in England and your household income must be no more than:
- £26,500 for families outside of London with one child
- £30,600 for families outside of London with two or more children
You cannot have more than £16,000 in savings or investments.
If you think you qualify, please contact the Suffolk Family Information Service by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is taken from Help paying for childcare: Funded education and childcare for 2-year-olds - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)