Sensory disability support
You can find support from the following organisations:
- Sensing Change for adults in Suffolk with sight and hearing loss
- RNIB and Action for Blind People if you have a visual impairment
- Action on Hearing Loss or the British Deaf Association if you have a hearing impairment
- Deafblind UK and Sense if you have dual sensory loss
- Find local organisations in Suffolk for people with sensory loss
Physical disability support
You can find advice and guidance from different organisations below.
Mobility and accessibility
- Shopmobility schemes lend wheelchairs and electric scooters to help people with limited mobility
- Look through a list of local suppliers of mobility equipment or adapted vehicles
- Mobility Trust gives powered wheelchairs and scooters for people who have severe disabilities
- How to get financial help if you're disabled
- NHS advice on choosing equipment, wheelchairs and scooters
- AccessAble provides information on accessible places to go to in Suffolk, including museums, theatres, shops, restaurants and tourist attractions
Public and accessible toilets
Borough and district councils provide most public toilets.
You can find information from local councils in Suffolk about public toilets below:
The Radar National Key Scheme offers disabled people access to locked public toilets in shopping centres, pubs, cafés, department stores, bus and train stations and many other locations.
The Great British Public Toilet Map shows toilets that the public can use, including those in shops, cafes etc.
You can also find Changing Places toilets near you.
Driving and Blue Badge
You can find contact details of organisations who can help you from the list below:
- Independent Age has advice about driving safely
- Driving with a disability or a health condition advice from the DVLA
- How to apply for a Blue Badge
- Citizens Advice has information about getting a Motability car
- Disabled Motoring UK has advice for disabled drivers, scooter, and wheelchair users
- East Anglian DriveAbility for people with disabilities
- Motability scheme to find out how to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair