Skip to main content

Container cabins or welfare facilities licence

How to apply for a licence to place a container, cabin or welfare unit on a public road, pavement or verge.

Suffolk County Council reviews its fees on an annual basis. Please make sure you read through the application form to understand the current fees and conditions before you apply as these fees are generally non-refundable. Applications require 10 working days notice to be processed.

Before you apply

Your application may be rejected if the proposed site is considered to be potentially dangerous to the public.

Contact Highways England on 0300 123 5000 if you want to apply for a licence on a trunk road.

Fees: £220.00 (licence duration 4 weeks), Renewals £110.00 (further 4 weeks)

Send your completed form by email to or by post to:

Suffolk County Council,
Licensing and Enforcement Team,
Phoenix House,
3 Goddard Road,
Suffolk, IP1 5NP

Email or contact 0345 606 6171 if you have any questions.

Pay for a container, cabin or welfare unit licence

Find out how to pay for a container cabin or welfare unit.

Request an accessible format

Documents published on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.