Under Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, we must investigate significant flooding to identify which risk management authorities have relevant flood risk management functions, and whether each of those authorities has exercised, or is proposing to exercise those functions in response to the flood.
The need to investigate a particular flood is decided on a case-by-case basis considering factors such as the likely source of the flood and the number of properties affected.
Read the results of any flood investigations that we have completed:
- East Street and Elizabeth Court, Sudbury - Flood Investigation Report - August 2014 (PDF, 532KB)
- Bury Road, Lawshall - Flood Investigation Report - September 2014 (PDF, 445KB)
- Terry Gardens, Kesgrave - Flood Investigation Report - October 2014 (PDF, 392KB)
- Langer Road, Felixstowe - Flood Investigation Report - July 2015 (PDF, 437KB)
- Velda Close & Aldwyck Way, Lowestoft – Flood Investigation Report – November 2015 (PDF, 350KB)
- Sheerwater Close & Mount Road, Bury St. Edmunds - Flood Investigation Report - September 2016 (PDF, 711KB)
- Bergholt Road, Brantham - Flood Investigation Report - April 2017 (PDF, 619KB)
- Bulmer Road, Sudbury - Flood Investigation Report - August 2017 (PDF, 332KB)
As part of our ongoing efforts to alleviate the flooding problem on the Kirkley Stream in Lowestoft, and also as an outcome of the Velda Close and Aldwyck Way section 19 investigation, we periodically release reports on progress and updates.
These are not section 19 investigation reports, but you can view them below:
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - October 2015 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - December 2015 (PDF, 218KB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - January 2016 (PDF, 252KB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - March 2016 (PDF, 238KB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - January 2017 (PDF, 267KB)