The scheme combines the skills and positive attitudes of the Fire and Police Services to support and develop young people in Suffolk.
The scheme is currently operating in Haverhill, Lowestoft and Bury St Edmunds for up to 25 cadets, aged between 13 and 18, meeting for 2 hours a week.
Volunteer cadet leaders are from the Police and Fire and Rescue Service.
- gives young people the chance to be a part of a team
- encourages and promotes good citizenship
- inspires young people to make a positive contribution to the community
- promotes a greater understanding of the Emergency Services
- builds confidence and self-esteem in young people
- develops key skills in support of youth development
- encourages a healthy and active lifestyle
If you are interested in joining the Emergency Services Cadet scheme, you can find out how to apply from the Suffolk Constabulary website.
To find out more you can contact us by:
- email: Fire.BusinessSupport@suffolk.gov.uk
- phone: 01473 260588