We buy a wide range of goods and services that we need as part of our everyday work. Therefore, we have to ensure that we obtain the best possible value for the money that we spend.
We also make sure that the legal requirements and responsibilities involved, including environmental information and maximising the ‘Suffolk pound’ when spending your money and entering into contracts are followed.
To get started, read about:
Our policies and procedures
These guides will give you an idea of our approach to procurement, the rules we have to follow and the standards and policies we expect from our partners. Read about our tendering process for more information on how we evaluate tenders.
- Anti-bribery policy (available on the Fraud and Corruption page)
- Equality and diversity policy
- Environmental guidance note (PDF, 18KB)
- Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations FAQs (PDF, 159KB)
- General terms and conditions (PDF, 87KB)
- Green procurement approach (PDF, 77KB)
- Procurement rules (PDF, 163KB)
- Social value and sustainable procurement policy (PDF, 126KB)
- Specification writing guide (PDF, 160KB)
- Supplier charter (PDF, 37KB)
- Tendering as a consortium (PDF, 91KB)
- Whistleblowing and complaints (available on the Fraud and Corruption page)
- Working with local suppliers (PDF, 52KB)
Free Business Continuity Workshop for Suffolk County Council Contractors
Choose from one of the following dates and book online via the form below.
- Wednesday 10 February 2021 (1pm to 2pm)
- Wednesday 3rd March 2021 (12pm to 1pm)
- Friday 19 March 2021 (12pm to 1pm)
Get Fit to Bid tool
If you have not bid before, check out the Suffolk Growth Programme Board's Get Fit to Bid tool on the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce website. The tool was created for local businesses who had not previously tendered and would like to secure public sector contracts.
Call the procurement helpdesk on 01473 260266, available Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.