Any of the following issues are emergencies:
- exposed electrical wires
- flasher units outside schools not working
- Belisha beacons at zebra crossings not working
- damaged bollard signs
For emergencies you should call our Customer Service Centre on 0345 606 6171.
Do not report a problem with lit bollards or signs online if it's on a:
- trunk road in Suffolk - instead call the Highways England Information Line on 0300 123 5000
- private road
You should contact UK Power Networks helpline on 0800 783 8838 if a street light outside, and the lights in your property, are flickering. This may indicate a problem with the electricity supply, not the street light.
For all other problems it's quicker and easier to report a fault by using our online reporting form.
Using our online form takes about 5 minutes.Start
To report a lit sign or bollard you'll need the following information:
- Location of the faulty lit sign or bollard (the parish or town and road name)
- Unit number (this can be found on a plastic plate attached to the column of the street light)
- Details of the fault (e.g. light off, damaged sign)
- Your personal information (name, address, contact details)
We aim to repair faulty lit signs and bollards within 2 weeks.
If the fault you report is an emergency, we'll aim to make it safe within 2 hours.
If we find the cause of a faulty light is a problem with the electricity supply we will refer it to the electricity supplier. It'll then become their responsibility to resolve the problem.
Other ways to report
Reporting a non-emergency problem online is quicker and easier. It also saves money, which can be used to improve services.
But you can report a problem by email or phone using the following contact details:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0345 606 6171