Blue Badge misuse

About Blue Badge misuse and how to report it.


The Blue Badge is the property of Suffolk County Council. We've a range of sanctions to use if you or someone else has misused your Blue Badge. Including:

  • confiscation or permanent removal of the badge
  • a fine of up to £1,000

Correct use of a Blue Badge and what's not permitted

  • A Blue Badge can only be displayed when parking on single or double yellow lines or in a disabled parking bay, providing all of the people in the car exit the vehicle.
  • Alternatively, the badge can be displayed by the driver of the vehicle if the badge holder needs to be dropped off directly outside a shop, pharmacy, hospital entrance or GP surgery etc.
  • Once the badge holder had been dropped off, the driver of the vehicle (non-badge holder) will then need to go and park in a normal parking space, until they are required to return to collect the badge holder from the “pick up point”. The non-badge holder is then permitted to display the badge whilst the badge holder gets back into the vehicle
  • Do not let someone else use your badge to get free or better parking. The Blue Badge is issued to you and cannot be shared by a spouse, family member or anyone else.

Read Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England for more guidance.

Reporting misuse of a Blue Badge

We need the individual's Blue Badge number to investigate an allegation of misuse.


  • name and address of the badge holder (if known)
  • description of the person displaying the Blue Badge
  • vehicle registration of the vehicle using the Blue Badge
  • vehicle make and model
  • circumstances of suspected misuse
  • the date suspected misuse took place
  • your name and contact details

All misuse allegations are treated in the strictest confidence.

Report blue badge misuse here.

Use webchat to contact Blue Badge Team

Webchat is the easiest and quickest way to contact us. Click on the blue webchat button to speak to us.

Webchat is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.15pm.

You can also email