Your Blue Badge is the property of Suffolk County Council, if it is misused then we can withdraw it.
Misuse of a Blue Badge by you or another person is a criminal offence and can carry a fine of up to £1000 as well as immediate withdrawal.
Important things to remember
- You must be a passenger or driver of the vehicle at all times when a Blue Badge is displayed
- You can't use your badge if you remain in the vehicle whilst a non-disabled person makes use of your badge for their own benefit, this applies to parking in designated Blue Badge spaces
- For all other parking the rules of the scheme need to be adhered to, please refer to the ‘Blue Badge Scheme: Rights and Responsibilities in England’ booklet
- Don't let someone else use your badge to get free or better parking
- Carers can't use the badge even when carrying out business on your behalf
- Don't use your badge when it's out of date
- Don't use your badge when the information on it is wrong or illegible
- Don't reproduce or allow anyone else to reproduce your badge
- A penalty charge maybe issued for any parking contravention, and the local authority can asked for the badge to be seized
For more information read our leaflet Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities in England.
Reporting misuse of a Blue Badge
Please include the following information, wherever possible, in your report:
- The Blue Badge number (essential)
- Name of the person the Blue Badge was issued to (if known)
- Vehicle registration of the vehicle using the Blue Badge
- Vehicle make and model
- Circumstances of suspected misuse
- Date suspected misuse took place
- Provide photographic evidence if possible
- Your name and contact telephone number – although you can remain anonymous