Types of fraud
The following are examples of fraud that could impact on the county council:
- procurement fraud (committed by contractors)
- social care fraud
- blue badge fraud (parking scheme for people with a disability)
- grant fraud (false claims or misuse of council grants)
- insurance fraud (false claims)
- internal fraud (committed by members of staff)
We treat all allegations seriously and in a confidential nature. We have a zero tolerance to fraudulent activity and will take appropriate action.
Report fraud online if you suspect someone is committing fraud against the county council.
- call 01473 264399 (Fraud hotline)
- write to Internal Audit Service, Constantine House, Constantine Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DH
Other types of misuse or fraudulent activity
- suspect misuse or fraudulent use of a Blue Badge report it to the Blue Badge Team
- have concerns relating to benefit fraud, report it to the Department for Work and Pensions
- have concerns about council tax or housing tenancy report it to your district or borough council
Check out our policies that set out our approach to fraud and corruption:
- Anti Fraud and Corruption Policy: Part 4.2 of the Constitution (PDF, 51KB)
- Bribery Policy (PDF, 237KB)
- Anti Money Laundering Policy (PDF, 299KB)
- Anti Money Laundering Disclosure Proforma (Word, 31KB)
- Whistleblowing Policy (PDF, 74KB)
- Fraud Response Plan (PDF, 173KB)
- Sanctions Policy (PDF, 163KB)
- Code of Conduct (PDF, 308KB)
We will collect and share personal information for the purpose of preventing and detecting crime. Please see our privacy notice for more details.
We publish data annually in relation to our fraud work as part of our transparency agenda.