Between 4 January and 15 February 2022, we're seeking your views about our proposed Post-16 Travel Policy for the 2022/2023 school year.
We're proposing to:
- Make the annual increase to the charge of Post-16 travel and the cost of a spare seat as previously agreed by Suffolk County Council’s Cabinet in June 2018.
There're no further proposed changes being made to the policy.
Annual increase to the charge of Post-16 travel and cost of a spare seat
In line with the Cabinet decision made in June 2018, there is an annual increase to the charge we make for Post-16 students who use Suffolk County Council travel.
Whilst we will continue to offer this service at a subsidised rate, the increase is designed to close the gap between the actual cost to the local authority of providing this transport and what is paid by travellers.
We're proposing an increase of £30 per term for mainstream students and £10 per term for students who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), meaning the cost of travel for 2022/2023 will be:
- £1,020 for a mainstream student
- £780 for student who has SEND
For those on low income, an application can be made via the student’s Post-16 provision for support through the 16-19 Bursary Fund.
You can give your views on the policy by:
- completing this online survey
- emailing Post-16TravelConsultation@suffolk.gov.uk
- writing to Post-16 Travel Consultation Team, Suffolk County Council, Floor 3 Gold, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX
This consultation runs from 4 January 2021 until 5pm on 15 February 2022.