What is research governance?
Research governance is the means by which the quality of research into social care services in Suffolk is assured, and the rights of those involved protected.
Research is essential in planning and delivering effective and high quality care services.
Research governance in Suffolk
The Suffolk Research Governance Panel evaluates and gives final approval for all research studies in, and associated with, adult and children's social care.
The panel supports researchers to ensure they meet the required quality standards.
Does my study count as research?
You can use this decision tool to help you work out whether or not your study is research, as defined by the UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research.
If you need to make an application for Research Governance Panel consideration, please complete the Research Governance Application Form (Word, 43KB).
National research governance frameworks
Research governance in Suffolk works within national guidance:
Deadlines for Research Governance Panel consideration 2022 and 2023
- 8 November 2022 (documentation to be submitted by 1 November 2022)
- 10 January 2023 (documentation to be submitted by 3 January 2023)
- 7 March 2023 (documentation to be submitted by 28 February 2023)
- 9 May 2023 (documentation to be submitted by 2 May 2023)
- 4 July 2023 (documentation to be submitted by 27 June 2023)
- 5 September 2023 (documentation to be submitted by 29 August 2023)
- 7 November 2023 (documentation to be submitted by 31 October 2023)
You can email email@example.com with any queries and completed application forms.