We offer immediate, therapeutic support, frequently at times of transition or high anxiety. Our interventions are carefully tailored to meet individual needs.
Working during COVID-19
Examples of the interventions that we can use:
- Using ELSA to provide emotional and social skills support to children. For example, social and therapeutic stories, anger management, self-esteem, bereavement, counselling skills, and nurture groups.
- Facilitators of PATHs and MAPs: creative planning tools that generate a shared vision of a positive future for an individual.
- Facilitators of Circle of Adults and Solution Circles: processes that support professional teams to problem solve together around an individual.
- Running a Circle of Friends: an approach which enhances the inclusion of an individual in school by involving their peers in problem solving and giving support.
- Sycol - Three Session Change: solution oriented, competency-based support which encourages goaling and positive change.
- Using play-based approaches (puppets, small world, sand, play-doh, role play...) to explore feelings and communicate together: building trust and acting out social scenarios.
- Five-minute therapeutic activities: a short guide to using everyday items in a therapeutic way to calm pupils and help them to be ready to learn and engage.
- Precision monitoring - Addressing a very specific gap in a child’s knowledge or increasing a desired behaviour: showing them daily success.
- Sensory profiling - Carrying out a very detailed observation of sensory differences, to create a personalised profile that is strengths-based. This is designed to help educational settings and families to be more aware of any differences and to then co-create a practical approach to intervention and planning that helps a young person to self-regulate.
- Mentor role: acting as a positive role model, encouraging goaling and supporting individuals to pursue their hopes and dreams.
- Using Team Pupil is a fantastic way to support the adults around a child or young person to work together to provide a physically and emotionally safe environment across the school day.
- Invest in staff development and person-centred practice: this miniPATH training nurtures staff with the confidence and skills to deliver their own miniPATHs with CYP.
Guides to our interventions
- IF One Page Profile (PDF, 273KB)
- Precision Monitoring (PDF, 234KB)
- Sensory Profile (PDF, 217KB)
- Circle of Friends (PDF, 288KB)
- PATH – Train the Trainer (PDF, 343KB)
- PATH – A guide (PDF, 503KB)
- Three Session Change (PDF, 207KB)
- Virtual PATH (PDF, 403KB)
- Virtual Mini PATH info flyer (PDF, 505KB)
- Team Pupil info flyer (PDF, 295KB)
- Mini PATH training (PDF, 292KB)
Find out more on the Inclusion Facilitators YouTube Channel.