Care and support for adults

Find support to live independently, help to stay at home, adult social care, paying for care, help for carers, reporting abuse and working with us.

Adult care and support information

Where to start: adult care and support

Start here for guidance if you're looking for social care or support for an adult in Suffolk.

Self-assess your needs

You can self-assess your care and support needs to find help to live independently and request more support if you need it.

Help to stay at home

How to live independently at home, including equipment and adaptations, meals, personal assistants, money and debt advice, and returning home from hospital.

Keep well and active

Find support to stay healthy, social and independent in your community, including advice on volunteering, work, falls, disabilities and mental health.

How adult social care can help

Adult social care in Suffolk, care and support assessments, housing support, care homes, advocacy, DoLS, moving from children's services and how to contact us.

Paying for care

How social care is paid for, calculate your care costs, deferred payment agreements, personal budgets and direct payments.

Caring for someone

Help for carers, financial and wellbeing support, carer's assessment, respite, Family Carers Emergency Plan, events and updates.

Protecting people at risk of abuse

Report abuse of an adult, the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and support for people at risk of radicalisation.

Working with Adult and Community Services

Our approach, policies and procedures, research governance, the Suffolk Professional Portal, and how you can help improve services.