Suffolk County Council (the council) collects and uses personal data to provide and manage services.
The processing of personal data is governed by the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), collectively referred to as data protection law
This privacy notice explains how the council uses information about you when you contact us or use our services, and how we protect your privacy.
There are a range of security controls in place to safeguard the personal data we process, including:
- encryption of data (and other methods to make personal data not identifiable as it is shared and stored)
- controls on access by personnel
- audit and adequate training.
The council is the controller for the personal information that is being processed and is registered as a fee payer, with the Information Commissioner’s Office. The council’s registration number is Z5113825.
If you have any queries about how the council is collecting or using your personal data, the council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
8 Russell Road,
What is personal data?
The types of personal data that we process and where it comes from
Why do we process your personal data?
Our legal basis for processing your information
Right to withdraw consent
Sharing your information
How long we keep your information
Automated decision-making and profiling
Your rights under data protection law
Your right to independent advice
Service-specific privacy notices
- Adult and Community Services (ACS) privacy notice
- Audit: Data Matching and National Fraud Initiative (NFI) privacy notice
- Blue Badge privacy notice
- Children and Young People Services (CYP) privacy notice
- Complaints privacy notice
- Councillor's privacy notice
- Counter Fraud Services privacy notice
- External funding team privacy notice
- Finance privacy notice
- Growth Highways Infrastructure (GHI) Directorate privacy notice
- Health and Safety privacy notice
- Health Protection (including COVID-19 Response), Public Health and Communities Directorate
- Homes for Ukraine Scheme privacy notice
- Joint emergency planning unit (JEPU) privacy notice
- Office for Product Safety and Standards privacy notice (SPoC Team)
- Public Health privacy notice
- Rights of Way and Access privacy notice
- SPARC privacy notice
- Suffolk Archives privacy notice
- Suffolk CC Legal Services Privacy Notice
- Suffolk Coroner's Service privacy notice
- Suffolk County Council Trading Standards Privacy Notice
- Suffolk Energy Action privacy notice
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) privacy notice
- Suffolk Recycling privacy notice
- Suffolk Register Office privacy notice
- SystmOne privacy notice (health visiting data)