Skip to main content

Compliments and complaints

If you have a compliment or a complaint, we want to hear from you.


Tell us that we did something well

You can let us know when we're providing a good service, or that our staff are doing a good job.

It helps us to know we are developing services in the right way, and we always pass your comments on to members of staff.


Tell us what went wrong

Make a complaint if there's a problem that we need to investigate. We want to hear from you when something goes wrong so we can put it right.

For example, you may not be happy with how you have been treated, or you feel we have delivered a poor service.

You can also download the complaints and feedback form (PDF, 168KB).

Many issues can be resolved by initially reporting or requesting, rather than raising a formal complaint, some examples are shown below:

Or you can contact us.

Request an accessible format

Documents published on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.


Find out what information Customer Rights collects and uses, and your rights regarding your information in the Complaints Privacy Notice.

Customer guides

Not satisfied with how we dealt with your complaint

If you’re unhappy with the way the council are dealing with your complaint, you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO). However, the LGSCO would normally expect us to have looked into your complaint in the first instance.

Other ways to contact us

Email or call 0345 266 1821.


Suffolk County Council Complaints Team, Constantine House, 5 Constantine Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX