About the Archaeology Service
The Archaeological Service is the main provider of archaeological conservation, recording and advice services in Suffolk.
In order to promote the conservation, enhancement and understanding of Suffolk's distinctive historic environment, we:
- maintain a record of archaeology and heritage assets, the Historic Environment Record
- provide advice to planners, developers and farmers
- identify and record finds made by members of the public
- curate an archive for fieldwork projects carried out in the county
- publish the results of fieldwork and other research into Suffolk's past
There are several ways to get in touch, either
- download a list of contact details for Archaeological Service staff.
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 01284 741230
To find out more about the archaeology of Suffolk or your local area, please visit the Suffolk Heritage Explorer website https://heritage.suffolk.gov.uk/
Suffolk Council Archaeological Service can also be followed on Twitter (@SCCArchaeology)