Please note that, due to the current situation with Covid-19, the arrangements for public participation in meetings have been temporarily changed. For further information about how to participate please contact the Business Manager (Democratic Services) on 01473 260855.
Please note: applications to speak at the remote meeting of the Development and Regulation Committee on 10 June 2020 are requested by 12.00 noon on Monday 8 June. Please complete the application form below.
You need to apply if you wish to speak at a meeting.
The rules for speaking at meetings can vary depending on the committee. Please read the relevant guidance before applying.
You do not need to apply if you just wish to attend.
How to apply
Complete our online form to apply to take part in a council meeting.
Please tell us:
- your name and address, email address and/or phone number;
- who you are representing;
- the name of the committee or meeting you wish to speak at;
- the item of planning application to discuss (if relevant);
- date of the meeting (if known); and
- any other questions or comments you would like to discuss.
Please note: If necessary, to fully answer your query, we will pass your contact details on to officers of the council and county councillors.
To take part you:
- must be a resident in, or a registered local government elector, for Suffolk (except for at Development and Regulation Committee);
- will be given an set amount of time during the meeting; and
- must not say anything defamatory or offensive, or require the council or committee to disclose confidential information.
How you take part and how to apply varies according to different types of meeting.
Read the guidance that relates to the meeting you're interested in; published below.
|Council and Cabinet|
|Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Board|
|Suffolk Police and Crime Panel|
Filming, recording and photography is allowed at public meetings only.
For more information, please read the Council's Filming, Photography and Audio Recording Protocol
Call 01473 265119 or email email@example.com
Suffolk County Council
8 Russell Road