Suffolk County Council follow the national guidance provided by Public Health England (PHE).
Latest Government guidance on using PPE
- COVID-19 personal protective equipment (PPE) guidance
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) illustrated guide for community and social care settings
It is important to note that all settings/providers should continue to procure their Business as Usual (BAU) PPE via their normal supply route. Only to use the below request routes to meet the extra need for PPE that has arisen as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All settings/providers need to use the PPE Portal introduced by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
Read guidance on GOV.UK about ordering PPE which includes:
- who's eligible to register with the portal
- how the order process works
- what customers should expect from the portal
Providers who are eligible to use the PPE Portal are:
- GPs, Pharmacies and Dentists
- Residential social care providers and Domiciliary social care providers
- Orthodontists and Optometrists
- Children’s care homes and secure homes and Children’s residential special schools
- Community drug and alcohol services and Residential drug and alcohol services
Please check the official site for any updates.
PPE Portal customer service team
Call 0800 876 6802 if you've any questions about using the PPE portal. The team is available from 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week.
If you do not fall within any of the above providers, you may be able to access emergency PPE via your Local Resilience Forum (LRF) depending on our local arrangements, If you require further information please contact PPE@suffolk.gov.uk for guidance.
For business-as-usual PPE items providers should continue accessing via your normal supply routes.
Please use the below links to place your requested order, all orders will meet the same stringent standards as the DHSC, please ensure you include your contact telephone number as a member of Suffolk’s LRF team may contact you for additional information.
Local Resilience Forum (LRF)
Initial providers who are eligible via this route (LRF) are:
- Suffolk County Council internal providers (Local Authority)
- Mental Health Community Care
- Special schools
- Local authority-commissioned Personal Assistants (PAS)
- Substance misuse centres
- Domestic violence refuges
- Rough sleeping services
Collection/pick-up orders only
Orders can only be collected. We do not deliver.
You can pick up from one of the following locations in Suffolk:
- Gipping Court, Facilities Central Dispatch Building, Ipswich
- West Suffolk House, Bury St Edmunds
- Riverside, Lowestoft
If you have any questions or queries please get in touch with Suffolk’s PPE LRF team via PPE@suffolk.gov.uk. We are a part time service, we are open Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 12pm.
Infection control items for sale
We have a limited supply of items for sale to help support Suffolk’s providers during this pandemic, Stock is limited, please see the order form for products and prices.
To order you pay up front and you will be contacted when items are ready for collection. Please note you will have to pick up from one of the 3 SCC building locations and products are not available to providers outside of Suffolk. If your order is for a location outside of Suffolk a refund will be issued.
Use of PPE guidance
All PPE offered via DHSC and LRF meets UK government quality standards. You can find more information on PPE standards at:
- Public Health England’s COVID-19 PPE hub
- NHS guidance on supply and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other supplies
Other Government guidance
- COVID-19: infection prevention and control (IPC)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer travel guidance for passengers
- Safe working in education, childcare and children’s social care
- COVID-19: how to work safely in care homes
- COVID-19: personal protective equipment use for aerosol generating procedures
- COVID-19: personal protective equipment use for non-aerosol generating procedures