- make sure that all goods sold and supplied are safe, and meet EU and British Regulations
- are responsible for ensuring that products on sale in Suffolk are compliant with product safety legislation
- work with businesses to ensure that both locally manufactured and imported products are safe
Visit the business companion website if you're a Suffolk business and require product safety information.
Registering a product with its manufacturer is the easiest way to stay informed on any safety issues you should know about.
To get a product registered, you can either:
- go to the manufacturer website
- use the Register My Appliance service
Register My Appliance is provided by the Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Appliances, and is supported by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Information on the latest recalls can be found here:
- Recalls of household products can be found on the Office of Product Safety and Standards website
- Recalls of food and drink are published by the Food Standards Agency.
- Vehicle recall notices are published on the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency website
- Medical recall alerts are provided by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
Follow us on social media
Like Suffolk Trading Standards on Facebook.
Follow Suffolk Trading Standards on Twitter.
Follow Suffolk Trading Standards on Instagram.
Subscribe to Suffolk Trading Standards on YouTube.