You will be contacted for further details, to confirm we can start your checks and will be sent the declaration that reminds you of your responsibilities to let us know if your guests leaves, that you will not charge rent while receiving the “thank you” payment, will engage in any antifraud and welfare checks as requested. We may identify a family in need immediately and we will ask your permission to make an introduction to them. It will then be for you to make contact and arrange to meet them (either in a public place, skype or teams call, whatever you are comfortable with).
This gives you a chance to explore your expectations, in particular if you would have any house rules, expect contribution to food and utility costs etc. and to understand the needs your guest will have in terms of help learning English, getting a school place, filling in forms, or transport.
If you are happy to proceed to host the guests you meet you then email email@example.com.
You will also be sent:
- A link to our website Support for Ukraine | Suffolk County Council which contains information for hosts and guests, some with Ukrainian and Russian translations
- Welcome to Suffolk - Information pack for homes for Ukraine sponsors in Suffolk which is packed with information on key services your guests might need to access and is continually being updated.
- The declaration that reminds you of your responsibilities to let us know if your guests leaves, that you will not charge rent while receiving the “thank you” payment, will engage in any antifraud and welfare checks as requested
- An email bulletin every 2 weeks updating up on what is happening in the Homes for Ukraine programme
- Be able to attend community group meetings in your area co-ordinated by Community Action Suffolk. You can see what is on offer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information on the requirements can be found on Ukraine: information for sponsors | Suffolk County Council
We hope you will decide this is a positive way you can help. Please sign up by completing our online form or emailing email@example.com