- Please apply online for free school meals by clicking the green button below. If your school is an academy, they may not accept online applications and you may need to speak directly to your school.
- You will get an immediate response and confirmation email after you've completed your application.
If you have not been allocated a school place for your child yet, please wait for confirmation of this place before you apply for free school meals.
If your child is attending a nursery school:
- they must be in a maintained school nursery as a registered pupil at the school
- your child must be in receipt of education before and after lunch on the same day
- you must be in receipt of a qualifying benefit (as described below); and
- you should apply online by clicking the green button below.
If your child is eligible for and has been registered to receive free school meals between 1 April 2018 and the end of the roll out of Universal Credits (currently expected to be March 2023), they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in at the end of Universal Credits roll out. This is regardless of any change to your circumstances.
Note: You won't be able to apply over the phone because you need to provide an email address, password and sign the declaration stating that you have parental responsibility.