Welcome to a world of sleep resources. Sleep is essential for life and development. In our modern 24-7 society sleep can be limited or disrupted which has serious consequences at all ages and stages.
We are adding new resources to this page frequently, so please check back, or contact us if there's something that you need.
Improving your sleep
Please read our general guide to good sleep during COVID.
Often, teens may find it difficult to fall asleep. The Children's Sleep Charity has tips on how to improve your quality of sleep.
The MindMate website contains useful information on the importance of sleep and how to get a better night's sleep.
For information on how much sleep your child should be getting, or how to improve the quality of sleep for someone aged 0-18, visit the Sleep Health website.
You can work out how many hours of sleep you need by using the Sleep Calculator.
Test yourself- are you a morning lark or a night owl?
Please read our information on how the COVID-19 pandemic may affect teenagers' sleep.
Teen Sleep Hub - Top Tips - Delayed Sleep Phase
Teen Sleep Hub - Top Tips - Time
Teen Sleep Hub - Top Tips - Screen time, social media and peer pressure
Teen Sleep Hub - Top Tips - Lack of Routine
Sleeping with Science
What is sleep?
How caffeine and alcohol affects sleep
Sleep and improving your memory
Sleep and dementia
How sleep effects our emotions
Sleep and improving your immunity
How much sleep do I need?
Six tips for better sleep
Suffolk County Council
- Children, families and learning
- Council and democracy
- Jobs and careers
- Care and support for adults
- Roads and transport
- Planning, waste and environment
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Community and safety
- Births, deaths and ceremonies
- Culture, heritage and leisure
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Children, families and learning
- Raising the Bar 2018-2020
- Childcare information and support for parents and providers
- SEND and the Local Offer
- Suffolk Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing Hub
- Fostering and adoption
- Children's Health and Children's Centres
- Keeping children safe
- Children in care and care leavers
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- Support for young carers in Suffolk
- Suffolk County Music Service
- Youth support and careers advice, work experience and activities
- Psychology and Therapeutic Services
- Children's portals
- Wellbeing in Education
- Research governance
Psychology and Therapeutic Services
- Accessing the Psychology and Therapeutic Services
- Psychology and Therapeutic Services Keys to Inclusion
- PATH (Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope) and MAP (Making Action Plans)
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Analysis of Additional Needs Tool
- Types of Intervention
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant training (ELSA)
- Psychology and Therapeutic Services: Sleep Resources
- Inclusion Facilitators
- Meet the Psychology and Therapeutic Services Team
- Psychology and Therapeutic Services: Supervision Support