The Family Nurse Partnership programme is a free and voluntary service for under 20's who are:
- expecting their first baby
- registered with an Ipswich GP
A specially trained family nurse will visit you frequently during the antenatal and postnatal period, until your child is 2 years old.
By providing support and information the nurse will help you to understand your pregnancy and how to care for yourself and your baby.
What are the benefits?
By supporting you during your pregnancy and early stages of your baby's life the Family Nurse Partnership programme can help you to:
- increase your chance of a healthy pregnancy
- manage your labour
- improve your child's development
- build a positive relationship with your baby and other people
- plan your future
- make lifestyle choices to give your child the best possible start in life
- achieve your aspirations (e.g. find a job, return to education)
How to access this service
To access this service please contact the Family Nurse Partnership team:
- by emailing CYP.FNP@suffolk.gcsx.gov.uk
- by phoning the Willows Children's Centre on 01473 602150
For more information visit the NHS Family Nurse Partnership website.