Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)

Early Years Pupil Premium is additional funding that can be claimed by childcare providers to support eligible children's learning and development.

Some children in a funded early education place could be eligible for this additional funding if their parents/carers have a household income below £16,190 and are claiming one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and with a family gross income of less than £16,190)
  • National Asylum Seekers Support
  • Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
  • Employments and Support Allowance - Income Related only
  • Universal Credit – For places starting in the summer term of 2018 (on or after 1 April 2018), or any subsequent term, if a parent is entitled to Universal Credit they must have an annual net earned income not exceeding £15,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods
  • Working Tax Credit (with a family income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)

If your child attends a school nursery and you think you might be eligible, please talk to your provider. They will check if you can get the additional funding for your child and they will apply for the funding.

Alternatively, children claiming Funded Early Education will also be eligible for EYPP if they meet one of the following:

  • They have been in local authority care for 1 day or more in England and Wales
  • They have been adopted from care in England or Wales
  • They have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
  • They are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
  • They have left care in England or Wales through:
    • an adoption
    • a special guardianship order
    • a child arrangement order

For more information or if you think you might be eligible, first speak to your childcare provider or school. They will check if they can get the additional funding for your child.

For help finding a funded place search online or contact Suffolk Family Information Service: