Suffolk Schools Broadband service
It has never been more important for high speed, secure, reliable broadband connections that support the delivery of education either in the classroom or remotely using virtual classroom technologies like Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Through our partners, Suffolk County Council can provide schools and education establishments with a range of private public sector compliant network connections including, Full Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) and Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) circuits. The service runs on a public sector compliant network connection and includes DDoS protection, managed firewalls and Smoothwall web filtering.
Suffolk County Council has also been working with the Department for Education and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to obtain funding for Suffolk schools for full fibre 1Gb capable broadband connections. In these locations CityFibre dedicated fibre to the premise circuits are available throughout 2020/21 with no installation costs. Find out more about the Suffolk Cloud Network.
Suffolk schools broadband service benefits
- New Full fibre to premises circuits with no legacy technology
- Fully managed public sector compliant service with a single point of contact for issues and requests
- Smoothwall content filtering to keep children safe on-line
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection to prevent cyber-attacks targeted at schools on the network
- Low latency connections as the network has been designed and optimised to process very high volume of data messages with minimal delay. This means no waiting around for websites to load.
- 1Gb connection delivering download speeds of over 900Mbps with bandwidth that is comfortably able to cater for future growth in the number of devices you have in the school
If you have any questions about broadband services or another IT service, please contact the IT Service Desk on 01473 265555 or email ITServicedesk@suffolk.gov.uk.