If you've immediate serious concerns regarding the safety of an individual, please call 01473 260588 for advice. If you cannot contact us by phone please email firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
What happens during a safer home visit
During a safer home visit to your property or the property of the person you're making a referral on behalf of, a prevention practitioner or a firefighter will:
- provide and install free 10-year smoke alarms where necessary
- give life-saving advice in the event of a fire in your home and explain how to make a fire escape plan for you and your family
- offer advice on how to spot fire hazards in the home, for example, the safe use of smoking materials, candles, heaters, electric blankets and understanding dangers from harmful substances.• Describe cooking hazards and give advice on electrical safety
- discuss a bedtime routine
- explain to you about doorstep etiquette (working with Suffolk Trading Standards)
- offer Carbon Monoxide advice
- show identification when they visit
You can read Suffolk Fire and Rescue Privacy Notice here.
Answer up to 5 quick 'yes / no' questions.