The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the council's budget, and making sure it is spent correctly.
Role and responsibilities
The Finance Department supporting Suffolk County Council collectively provides a range of strategic, professional and management accounting services that are fundamental to the success of the council.
These services are managed by Louise Aynsley who is the council's Statutory Financial Officer (i.e. Section 151 Officer under Local Government Act 1972).
Louise and her team are responsible for:
- strategic financial advice and guidance
- technical accounting
- capital spending, financing and borrowing
- treasury management
- accounts payable
- accounts receivable
- pension fund accounts and investment strategy
- financial systems
- financial control and budget management
- medium term financial planning and budget setting