What is advocacy?
Advocacy can support you to:
- make your opinions, views and concerns known
- find out about your rights and options
- make your own choices
- be involved in the decision-making process
- take part in important formal meetings
An advocate is someone who gives advocacy support to people. They are independent of social services and the NHS, and they are not a family member or a close friend.
How to get advocacy
Total Voice Suffolk is a partnership of organisations that provide advice and information about:
- what advocacy is
- the different types of advocacy available
- how to make an advocacy referral
You can contact Total Voice Suffolk:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01473 857631
We also have a list of organisations that offer advocacy on Suffolk InfoLink.