Read the below quick guides to find information on each topic.
- Highway emergencies quick guide (PDF 183,KB)
The Emergency Response Service operates 24/7 and ensures that high risk safety issues are dealt with or made safe as quickly as possible.
- Reactive service quick guide (PDF 285,KB)
The reactive service ensures roads, pavements and other highway infrastructure remain safe for members of the public and those using the highway for their day-to-day business.
- Highway maintenance funding quick guide (PDF 188,KB)
Capital and revenue funding is used for maintaining the highway. This guide details levels of funding and how these funding sources are used for different maintenance activities.
- Cyclic drainage quick guide (PDF 531,KB)
Drainage cleansing activities are undertaken to keep highway drainage assets free flowing so surface water can drain away from roads and pavements.
- Weed treatment quick guide (PDF 137,KB)
Weed treatments are undertaken to prevent spread which can cause a lot of damage to hard surfaces. Some species of weed can be hazardous to the health of wildlife.
- Grass cutting quick guide (PDF 139,KB)
Grass cutting operations start in May and run through to September each year and are undertaken to keep visibility and to ensure road and pavement widths are not reduced.
- Web chat is the quickest and easiest way to contact us. Available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
The web chat button will appear in the right hand corner when someone is available to talk to.
- You can report problems easily using our Highways Reporting Tool
- Call: 0345 606 6171