Under Section 19 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010, we must investigate significant flooding to identify which risk management authorities have relevant flood risk management functions, and whether each of those authorities has exercised, or is proposing to exercise those functions in response to the flood.
The need to investigate a particular flood is decided on a case-by-case basis considering factors such as the likely source of the flood and the number of properties affected.
Read the results of any flood investigations that we have completed:
2021 Flood Investigation Reports
2020 Flood Investigation Reports
2019 Flood Investigation Reports
2018 Flood Investigation Reports
2017 Flood Investigation Reports
2016 Flood Investigation Reports
2015 Flood Investigation Reports
2014 Flood Investigation Report
As part of our ongoing efforts to alleviate the flooding problem on the Kirkley Stream in Lowestoft, and also as an outcome of the Velda Close and Aldwyck Way section 19 investigation, we periodically release reports on progress and updates.
These are not section 19 investigation reports, but you can view them below:
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - October 2015 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - December 2015 (PDF, 218KB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - January 2016 (PDF, 252KB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - March 2016 (PDF, 238KB)
- Kirkley Stream, Lowestoft - Flood report - January 2017 (PDF, 267KB)