Phased re-opening of Recycling Centres
Recycling Centres have re-opened following closure due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
You need to book a time slot online to visit your local Recycling Centre as part of this phased re-opening.
Using a booking system will:
- reduce the waiting times of visitors to each Recycling Centre
- help manage traffic to avoid a dangerous build-up of cars on the roads
Please do not come to a Recycling Centre without a booking.
You must not visit a Recycling Centre if you or anyone in your household:
- has tested positive for COVID-19
- has COVID-19 symptoms
- are shielding or at higher risk of coronavirus
How booking a time slot works
Suffolk Recycling Centres are open from 9am to 5pm every day except Thursdays (open until 7pm) and Wednesdays (closed).
You can book either a 15-minute or 30-minute time slot depending on the nature of your visit (see 'How to book').
Please do not arrive more that 5 minutes before the start of your scheduled time slot. We will try to ensure you enter the site at your designated time, however please be aware some sites are required to temporarily close to empty containers.
Visits are restricted to one visit per household or vehicle per 7 day period.
What are the rules at Recycling Centres?
- arrive in the vehicle you registered when booking (if driving)
- wash your hands before and after your visit (and wear gloves if possible)
- stay in the car until parked (including passengers)
- unload the car yourself as staff cannot assist you (only one adult should unload the vehicle, unless two adults are needed for heavy items)
- ensure any COVID-19 waste is left at home for 72 hours (3 days) before double-bagging and bringing to site
- follow social distancing rules to protect the health of staff and visitors
How to book
There are two different booking systems. Please select the one that applies to you.
1. Cars, pedestrians and cyclists
You can book a 15-minute slot to deposit household waste using a car or as a pedestrian or cyclist.
2. Vans, trailers and trade waste
You can book a 30-minute slot to deposit trade waste or household waste using a van (including car-derived vans), a trade car or a car with a trailer. (Vans with trailers will not be accepted on any site.)