The different types of travel plan are:
- school travel plans
- work place travel plans
- travel plans for new or expanding developments
- Local Links travel packs
A travel plan is a document that seeks to promote greener modes of transport, and reduce dependence on the car. Travel plans contain a package of measures to raise awareness about low-cost options and more pleasant ways to travel.
Travel plan guidance
Suffolk County Council have recently produced a formal travel plan guidance document that provides information and advice on the required content for a travel plan in Suffolk.
Download and read:
- Suffolk's travel plan guidance (PDF, 1.7MB)
For the guidance on producing a resident travel pack, please see resident travel pack components (PDF, 64KB).
Click on each tab below for information on alternative methods of transport.
View the Suffolk County Council minimum standard for travel plans and travel plan monitoring in the checklists below. Once you have ticked off all sections, you can submit your travel plan or travel plan monitoring back to us to be reviewed:
- travel plan checklist (PDF, 139KB)
- travel plan monitoring checklist (PDF, 229KB)
- travel plan monitoring guidance (PDF, 223KB)
- residential travel plan monitoring template (Excel, 13KB)