The Suffolk Design Guide for Residential Areas is used as supplementary planning guidance by all local authorities in Suffolk. It was revised in 2000 in accordance to changes in planning policy guidance.
Please note that some aspects regarding highway design are now outdated. We recommend that any developer should seek guidance from the Development Management Team at the earliest opportunity.
Send details of your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sections of the Suffolk Design Guide for Residential Areas
Shape of development
- Highways (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Design Principles - Shape of development (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Landscaping (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Design Principles - Individual dwellings (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Parking and Garaging (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Driveways (PDF, 235KB)
Road types in detail
- Pages 95-103 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Pages 104-125 (PDF, 1MB)
- Utilities, Services and Street Furniture (PDF, 867KB)
- Appendices (PDF, 703KB)
Email email@example.com with any questions about the Suffolk Design Guide for Residential Areas.