Fly tipping is:
- the illegal dumping of rubbish, punishable by a maximum sentence of an unlimited fine and five years imprisonment on conviction.
- a criminal activity that can seriously pollute watercourses and contaminates land and can be a risk to human health and harm wildlife and livestock.
- unsightly, spoiling our communities and the quality of life for residents and encourages others to dump waste.
- seen as a major problem by over threequarters of landowners and affects 67% of farmers.
Report fly tipping to local district or borough council
Your local district or borough council is responsible to clear up rubbish left on public land.
- Find contact details of local district or borough council (on Green Suffolk website) to report fly tipping