The Suffolk Public Sector Leaders group was formed in 2009 to consider issues of strategic importance to Suffolk, supported by the Suffolk Chief Officers Leadership Team (SCOLT) and Suffolk County Council provides the direct support.
There are five formal public meetings of the group each year and the meetings are held in different areas around Suffolk. Agendas and documents will be published in advance of the meetings. This is part of the group’s ambition to operate in an open and transparent way.
Leaders agreed that Councillor Jennie Jenkins would act as the independent chair of the group for the 2018/19 year.
Group membership is as follows:
- Councillor Jennie Jenkins, Babergh District Council (Independent Chair)
- Councillor Matthew Hicks, Leader of Suffolk County Council
- Councillor John Ward, Leader of Babergh District Council
- Councillor Nick Gowrley, Leader of Mid Suffolk District Council
- Councillor James Waters, Leader of Forest Heath District Council
- Councillor John Griffiths, Leader of St Edmundsbury Borough Council
- Councillor Mark Bee, Leader of Waveney District Council
- Councillor Ray Herring, Leader of Suffolk Coastal District Council
- Councillor David Ellesmere, Leader of Ipswich Borough Council
- Ed Garratt, Chief Officer, East Suffolk and Ipswich CCG and West Suffolk CCG
- Melanie Craig, Chief Officer, NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG
- Tim Passmore, Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- Gareth Wilson, Chief Constable, Suffolk Constabulary
- Nicola Beach, Chief Executive, Suffolk County Council
- Stephen Baker, Chief Executive, Suffolk Coastal and Waveney
- Arthur Charvonia, Chief Executive, Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- Russell Williams, Chief Executive, Ipswich Borough Council
- Ian Gallin, Chief Executive, Forest Heath District Council and St Edmundsbury Borough Council
For any queries regarding the Suffolk Public Sector Leaders group, please contact SPSL@suffolk.gov.uk.