Borough, district, parish and town councils

Find services run by other councils in Suffolk and not Suffolk County Council. Includes bins or refuse collections, council tax, parking and benefits.

Suffolk County Council is not responsible for every service in Suffolk.

Many services are run by other district and borough councils in Suffolk, including:

  • bin or refuse collections and brown bins
  • council tax payment, homes and housing rent
  • parking fines and permits
  • planning applications
  • swimming pools, parks and leisure centres
  • abandoned animals, such as stray cats or dogs

Find your nearest council

Use the list below to find the contact details of your town or parish council.

You can find who your local borough or district council is on GOV.UK.

Telephone 01638 719000
Address College Heath Road, Mildenhall, Suffolk, IP28 7EY
Map Forest Heath District Council on Google Maps
Telephone 01473 432000
Address Grafton House, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE
Map Ipswich Borough Council on Google Maps
Telephone 01284 763233
Address West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 3YU
Map St Edmundsbury Borough Council on Google Maps
Telephone 01394 383789
Address East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1RT
Map Suffolk Coastal District Council on Google Maps
Telephone 01502 562111
Address 4 Canning Rd, Lowestoft NR33 0EQ
Map Waveney District Council on Google Maps

Parish and town councils in Suffolk run local services such as allotments, cemeteries, village halls and community centres.

You can find contact details of parish and town councils on Suffolk Infolink. Contact Suffolk Infolink on 01473 265265 or email