Impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) on Education Admission Appeals
We are accepting appeal applications. If possible, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org as access to our office to collect post is currently limited.
Submitted Education Admission Appeals
For parents who have already:
- submitted an appeal for high school places before the deadline of 30 March - we are currently in the process of arranging appeal hearings.
- submitted an appeal for primary school places before the deadline of 18 May - these appeals will follow on after the conclusion of high school appeals.
You will be contacted a minimum of 14 days before the hearing which will be held remotely. Full details of how you will access the appeal will be provided.
Education Admission Appeals
If you've received a letter from an Admission Authority refusing your child a place at your preferred school(s) in Suffolk you've the right to appeal that decision.
The Education Appeals Office arranges appeals for:
- all local authority and voluntary controlled schools
- all local authority voluntary aided schools
- the majority of academies
How to make an appeal
Read a guide to school admission appeals (PDF, 208KB)
Download and complete either:
- Education Admissions Appeals Notice of Appeal PDF form (PDF, 286KB)
- or Education Admissions Appeals Notice of Appeal Word form (Word, 43KB)
Send the completed and signed form to:Education Appeals Office
PO Box 579
Call us on 01473 264219 or 01473 264218 or email email@example.com.
Permanent Exclusion Reviews
If your child has been permanently excluded from a Suffolk school and the governing body of the school has upheld the exclusion. You'll receive a letter from them to confirm the decision.
This letter will also include details of how to request a review of the decision and a deadline date by which you must lodge your review application.