What is research governance?
Research governance is the means by which the quality of research into social care services in Suffolk is assured, and the rights of those involved protected.
Research is essential in planning and delivering effective and high quality care services.
Research governance in Suffolk
The Suffolk Research Governance Panel evaluates and gives final approval for all research studies in, and associated with, adult and children's social care.
The panel supports researchers to ensure they meet the required quality standards.
Does my study count as research?
You can use this decision tool to help you work out whether or not your study is research, as defined by the UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research.
If you need to make an application for Research Governance Panel consideration, please complete the Research Governance Application Form (Word, 43KB).
National research governance frameworks
Research governance in Suffolk works within national guidance:
Deadlines for Research Governance Panel consideration 2021 and 2022
- 9 November 2021 (documentation to be submitted by 2 November 2021)
- 11 January 2022 (documentation to be submitted by 4 January 2022)
- 8 March 2022 (documentation to be submitted by 1 March 2022)
- 10 May (documentation to be submitted by 3 May 2022)
- 12 July 2022 (documentation to be submitted by 5 July 2022)
- 13 September 2022 (documentation to be submitted by 6 September 2022)
- 8 November 2022 (documentation to be submitted by 1 November 2022)
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and completed application forms.