Any child in receipt of 3 and 4 year old Funded Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) could be eligible for this additional funding if their parents/carers have a household income below £16,190 and are claiming one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and with a family gross income of less than £16,190)
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Employments and Support Allowance - Income Related only
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit (with a family income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs)
If your child attends a school nursery and you think you might be eligible, please check your eligibility.
If you are eligible, you will receive a reference code which you can give to the school.
Alternatively, children claiming Funded Early Education will also be eligible for EYPP if they meet one of the following:
- They have been in local authority care for 1 day or more in England and Wales
- They have been adopted from care in England or Wales
- They have left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
- They are currently being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
- They have left care in England or Wales through:
- an adoption
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangement order
For more information or if you think you might be eligible, speak to your childcare provider or contact the Family Information Service on 0345 60 800 33.