The Suffolk Growth Strategy has been published by Suffolk County Council and the district and borough councils to deliver economic growth, create more jobs and increase prosperity.
- Suffolk Growth Strategy (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Suffolk Growth Strategy summary (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Screening process information (PDF, 17KB) - completed for whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment was needed
What we do
Economic Development service
The work of the Economic Development team is delivered under 4 broad headings outlined below, with some examples of the type of work undertaken under for each one.
This encompasses our work with LEPs (including the drafting and negotiation of Strategic Economic Plan and Growth Deals).
It also includes work carried out as members of the Suffolk Growth Group which brings together all of the Suffolk local authorities to oversee the growth agenda in the county.
We deliver a county-wide inward investment service called Invest in Suffolk. This includes dealing with enquiries from national sources such as UKTI.
We provide advice to, and participate in decisions on New Anglia LEP’s Growing Business Fund and Growing Places Fund panels; and co-ordinate County Council involvement at business events, for example, the East Anglia Business Exhibition in 2016.
Our work on energy includes managing the County Council’s involvement in:
- the Lowestoft / Great Yarmouth Enterprise Zone
- the delivery of business support and supply chain management for the offshore renewables sector through SCC’s OrbisEnergy centre
- leading on the creation of an energy sector development plan by working with Norfolk County Council and New Anglia LEP
- providing support for the New Anglia LEP ICT sector group to enable it to roll out the development plan and secure funding for the growth of the local cluster
Locations for growth
We're working with partners to develop schemes in:
- major urban areas such as Ipswich (Ipswich Innovation Centre) and Lowestoft (purchase and development of land to support growth in the Enterprise Zone)
- smaller places such as Newmarket and Felixstowe
Email email@example.com or call Economic Development on 01473 264555, available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Invest in Suffolk
Suffolk is the bright choice for your business; and is leading the way for enterprising businesses to innovate, grow and shine.
Visit Invest in Suffolk website to learn more about investing your business in Suffolk.
New Anglia Business Growth Programme
The Business Growth Programme is delivered by New Anglia LEP in partnership with:
- Suffolk Chamber of Commerce
- Suffolk County Council
The Programme is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It includes the following schemes:
- New Anglia Growth Hub
The Growth Hub is your one-stop-shop for business support and funding advice.
Access to free face-to-face Business Advisors, an online information portal and telephone helpline for businesses and entrepreneurs who are looking for a simple and easy route to business advice and finance options.
- Small Grant Scheme
This offers grants from £1,000 to £25,000 to help you grow your business. These normally cover up to 20% of your total project costs or up to 30% in some areas of Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Start-up Programme
New Anglia’s Start-up programme supports individuals during pre-start stage and businesses during the early trading stage.
Better Broadband for Suffolk
The aim of the Better Broadband for Suffolk programme is to:
- build a brand new superfast broadband network
- bring better broadband to all of Suffolk
- ensure that the benefits are maximised by businesses, households and service delivery organisations
Learn more about Better Broadband for Suffolk.
Get information about reducing the cost you spend on energy, travel and waste visit the Business Advice Service on Green Suffolk.