- Norfolk & Suffolk Economic Strategy
- Norfolk & Suffolk Economic Strategy summary
- New Anglia Economic Strategy Interactive Evidence base
What we do
Economic Development service
The work of the Economic Development team is delivered under 4 broad headings outlined below, with some examples of the type of work undertaken for each one.
This encompasses our work with LEPs (including the drafting and negotiation of Strategic Economic Plans and Growth Deals).
It also includes work carried out as members of the Suffolk Growth Partnership which brings together all of the Suffolk local authorities to oversee the growth agenda in the county.
We provide advice to, and participate in decisions on, New Anglia LEP’s business support programmes. Key grant funds available:
- Small Grant Scheme (SGS) - £1k to £25k at 20% intervention
- Growth Through Innovation Fund (GTI) - up to £25k at 50% intervention rate
- Business Transition to Net Zero (BTTNZ) - £25k up to £250k at 20% intervention
Our work on energy includes managing the County Council’s involvement in:
- the Lowestoft / Great Yarmouth Enterprise Zone
- the delivery of business support and supply chain management for the offshore renewables and wider energy sector through SCC’s OrbisEnergy centre
- working with partners to deliver the GENERATE Energy brand generate-energy.co.uk promoting the all energy assets of our region to an international audience
- providing support for the New Anglia LEP Digital Tech Industry Council (Our Sectors - New Anglia) and Tech East (Home - Tech East) to promote and grow the internationally significant local cluster
Locations for growth
We have worked with partners in Suffolk and across the wider region to deliver a number of growth locations generating new businesses and jobs.
- The Space to Innovate Enterprise Zone comprises 10 sites across Norfolk and Suffolk. This multi-site zone will help to create 18,500 jobs over the next 25 years
- Freeport East will be a hub for global trade and national regeneration as well as creating a hotbed for innovation that will have impact across the UK (Freeport East - Felixstowe | Harwich | Gateway 14)
The aim of the Better Broadband for Suffolk programme is to:
- build a brand new superfast broadband network
- bring better broadband to all of Suffolk
- ensure that the benefits are maximised by businesses, households and service delivery organisations
Learn more about Better Broadband for Suffolk.
Get information about reducing the cost you spend on energy, travel and waste visit the Business Advice Service on Green Suffolk.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.