Tell us that we did something well
We are always pleased to know that we are providing a good service or that our staff are doing a good job.
It helps us to know we are developing services in the right way, and we always pass your comments on to members of staff.
Tell us what went wrong
Make a complaint if you want to tell us there's a problem that we need to investigate. We want to hear from you when something goes wrong so we can put it right.
- you are not happy with how you have been treated
- you feel we have delivered a poor service.
You can also download the complaints and feedback form (PDF, 171KB).
Many issues can be resolved by initially reporting or requesting, rather than raising a formal complaint, some examples are shown below:
- Report a highways issue online
- Suffolk Local Offer for children and young people with SEND
- Make a complaint about a councillor or a about a school
- Education Admission Appeals and Permanent Exclusion Reviews (school place appeals)
Or you can contact us at Contact us | Suffolk County Council
Request an accessible format
Documents published on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
- Corporate Complaints and Customer Feedback Policy (PDF, 158KB)
- Unreasonable Behaviour Policy (PDF, 51KB)
Find out what information Customer Rights collects and uses, and your rights regarding your information in the Complaints Privacy Notice.
- Large print version (PDF, 710KB)
- Children and Young People Services (PDF, 240KB)
- Adult Community Services (PDF, 191KB)
- Corporate Services (PDF, 219KB)
Not satisfied with how we dealt with your complaint
If you’re unhappy with the way the council are dealing with your complaint, you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO). However, the LGSCO would normally expect us to have looked into your complaint in the first instance.
Other ways to contact us
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 266 1821.
Address:Suffolk County Council Complaints TeamConstantine House5, Constantine RoadIpswichIP1 2BX