On-call firefighters are a vital part of Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service; working in small towns or villages from home or their place of work.
You could be called out on average 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of hours. It's not a problem if you aren't available all of the time.
When can you apply?
Now, the recruitment window is open from 30 April to 6 July 2018.
- Download on-call recruitment pack (PDF, 962KB)
You'll need to:
- be 18 or older, and live or work within 5 to 8 minutes (or possibly up to 10 minutes) of a fire station.
- have enthusiasm, willingness to work in a team environment and a desire to support your local community.
- have consent from your employer to be available when you're working.
- £5,000 per year (approximately) for attending calls, any training undertaken and for maintenance work carried out on the fire engine and at the station.
- Retaining fee for the hours that you agree to provide cover for, and training to handle emergencies and help your community understand the importance of fire safety.