On-call firefighters are a vital part of Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service; working in small towns or villages from home or their place of work. On average, you could be called out 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of hours. It's not a problem if you aren't available all of the time.
- You must be 18 or older, and live or work within 5 minutes (or possibly up to 10 minutes) of a fire station.
- You'll need enthusiasm, willingness to work in a team environment and a desire to support your local community.
- We need you to get employer consent to be available when you're working.
What you'll receive
- £5,000 per year (approximately) for attending calls, any training undertaken and for maintenance work carried out on the fire engine and at the station.
- Retaining fee for the hours that you agree to provide cover for, and training to handle emergencies and help your community understand the importance of fire safety.
Can I apply?
Download on-call recruitment welcome pack (PDF 962KB)