Once we receive your application, we will contact you to discuss in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
We'll tell you when the next Induction Course will run and invite you to an informal interview.
We run Induction Courses depending on the number of applications we receive, so please be aware you may experience some delay before you can engage with us.
You'll be able to start training for the volunteer role once you have attended the Induction Day.Download the application form
Download our application pack (PDF, 67KB) for more information.
Or request an application pack at Fire.BusinessSupport@suffolk.gov.uk or by calling 01473 260588, 9am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday) or 9am to 4pm (Friday).
Safer home visits will be the main focus of your involvement. After training, you'll have the opportunity to visit the elderly and vulnerable in their homes (always in pairs) and undertake a Safer Home Visit for them, fitting smoke alarms if required and offering fire safety advice.
You will also have the chance to get involved in other ways if you would like, such as:
- attending community events and fairs
- giving talks to community groups about fire safety
You need to:
- be 18 or over
- be able to give us 12 hours or more every month
- bring enthusiasm!
We'll give you:
- ongoing training
- clothing for when you are undertaking duties
- support to extend your skills
- expenses to cover any costs you incur whilst on duty
- a sense of pride by ensuring a safer community
Download an application now! (PDF, 26KB)